DIY: Wedding Photo Booth Signs

May 07, 2015


When I found out that my brother-in-law was getting married, I told his fiance that if she needed any help with anything to let me know. Knowing that I am the crafty-type, she assigned me the task of looking after the photo booth props. I knew that this would involve making signs for people to hold, and I wanted to have a chalkboard effect without giving people the option of writing what they wanted -- it's a wedding, let's keep it classy and fun.

Luckily, the bride's sister had a friend that had just gotten married so she had a few supplies that she was able to sell me, and some of them were signs that she had already created for her photo booth. I repainted them with a soft grey chalkboard paint from Martha Stewart Crafts, and I used a white paint pen to get in there and take care of the writing details. A paint pen is really nice to work with because it has an even flow of paint, and you can make the lines as thick or thin as you want. Also, you hold onto it like you would a pen so it's incredibly easy to control.

Supplies:
Silver Trays from your local thrift store or dollar store
Wooden Plaques from your local craft store
Paint sticks to attach the wooden plaques to
Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Chalkboard Acrylic Craft Paint in Gray
White paint pen





No comments

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Powered by Blogger.