29/52

August 18, 2015


A couple of weeks ago, back when I snapped these photos, I was having some troubles with my Asthma. I had been cleaning the front entrance that hadn't been swept in a few years and my lungs were irritated by all of the dust. 

"You need a drink of water." Little Boy said to me matter-of-factly, "I'll get you one."

From the living room I heard him grab a chair and drag it over to the cupboards where, I can only assume, he climbed up onto the counter to grab a small glass milk jug from the top shelf of the cupboard where we keep the glasses. He turned on the tap, and filled it up until the water bubbled over the top. Then he carefully brought it out to me and we shared some drinks of water.

My heart swelled as he sat there and was concerned about my cough. For all of the times that I get angry because he has done something rude to me, or someone else, he really is learning empathy and how to care for others.



No comments

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

Powered by Blogger.